Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 31 January 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots tonight and Wednesday.
Showers changing to rain Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 31 January 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PST 31 January 2023 In the wake of a frontal system, southeast gales will persist along
the Central Coast tonight through Wednesday.
A second frontal system will approach the offshore waters Wednesday
night. Ahead of the front, southeast gales will develop over southern
and central waters Wednesday evening, then northern waters overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: