Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 30 November 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming northwest 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 Thursday morning then becoming light Thursday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Thursday evening.
Flurries tonight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 2 Thursday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 30 November 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over northern BC interior.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday low located northwest of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday low 992 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:09 PM PST 30 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will continue to give
gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland inlets
tonight. The ridge will weaken on Thursday and rebuild on Friday.
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will continue
tonight as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland inlets.
Over offshore, central and northern waters, gale to storm force
northerlies will gradually ease tonight.
Another low pressure system will track southwards across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the low, southerly gales will
develop off the west coast of Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon and
spread to central waters in the evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: