Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Rain ending Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 January 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating low 996 mb located northwest
of Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today approaching frontal system located west
of Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PST 22 January 2019 A low pressure centre northwest of Haida Gwaii will bring gale to
local storm force southerly winds to northern and central waters
And strong to gale force southeast winds to southern waters this
A frontal system will approach Vancouver Island this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southerly winds are expected ahead of the
frontal system. Winds will become strong to gale force northwesterly
in the wake of the system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: