Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PST 06 December 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 early this afternoon and to southeast 20 to 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 December 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located 600 miles west of California.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough from low located from the offshore
waters to Explorer then to the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:38 AM PST 6 December 2019 A low pressure trough will remain quasi stationary across the
Explorer region to Central Coast. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies over Southern Explorer and waters west of Vancouver
Island will weaken to moderate to strong late this evening.
Also, high pressure over the BC Interior will strengthen with gale
force outflow forecast through the Central Coast inlets tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: