Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this afternoon and to southeast 25 to 35 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late overnight then backing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday morning.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying trough from low located on
a line north-south over Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough from low located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over northwestern Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system will develop this morning over Northern Bowie
with a trough extending southward. While the low remains stationary
the trough rotates toward the mainland coast while intensifying,
giving southerly gales to the waters east of the trough this
afternoon and evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: