Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots except southwest 15 to 25 near Qualicum Beach. Wind becoming southeast 15 early this morning then becoming variable 5 to 15 this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming light overnight. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Sunday morning then becoming light Sunday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 26 September 2020 An intense Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters
from the west this evening and reach the North Coast Sunday
afternoon. Southeast gale to storm force winds will develop ahead of
this system over the northern waters tonight and over the central
waters Sunday. In the wake of the system, winds will shift to strong
to gale force southwesterlies except storm force over Northern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: