Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 December 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots becoming southeast 35 to 45 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 late Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 late Tuesday afternoon.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from the North
Coast to Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday departing trough located near Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system currently lies along the North Coast to
south to Cape Scott to Explorer. The front will progress toward the
South Coast tonight then depart into the BC Interior by Tuesday
Storm force southerly winds over the northern and central waters
Will Progress to the South Coast tonight and continue Tuesday
morning. Winds will shift to widespread strong to gale force
westerlies after the passage of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: