Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 03 April 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots except southwest 20 near Qualicum Beach. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon then becoming northwest 10 to 15 early Saturday evening. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 20 late Saturday evening.
Showers Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PDT 03 April 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 3 April 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 3 April 2020 A ridge of high pressure building west of the offshore waters will
bring strong to gale force northerly winds to the Bowie region
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: