Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 May 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 5 to 15 knots late this afternoon and to southeast 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Friday.
Showers tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 06:03 AM PDT 26 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 May 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PDT 26 May 2022 A low pressure centre will approach Explorer this afternoon then
cross the region tonight. The low will anchor over Western Queen
Charlotte Sound on Friday and gradually weaken through the day.
Southeast gales near the headlands of Vancouver Island and southwest
marginal gales over Southern Explorer are expected to develop late
this afternoon. Southeast gales will spread over eastern sections of
Queen Charlotte Sound early Friday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: