Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 5 to 15 knots Tuesday morning and to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Scattered showers. Visibility as low as 1 mile in showers.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 March 2023
Wednesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late in the day.
Thursday Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late in the day.
Friday Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to westerly 15 to 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located over Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: