Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 this morning then diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over western Queen Charlotte
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located southwest of Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 31 March 2020 A low pressure centre over Western Queen Charlotte Sound tracking
southward will lie southwest of Tofino tonight before exiting the
region overnight. West of the low, strong to gale force
northwesterlies over Explorer will ease overnight.
Additionally, a ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will
continue to give gale force outflow winds near mainland inlets of
The North and Central Coasts today before easing tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: