Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots tonight and Friday.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 March 2023
Saturday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Sunday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25.
Monday Wind variable 10 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 March 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over BC interior.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PDT 23 March 2023 A trough over Vancouver Island will track into the BC Interior
tonight. Widespread strong to gale force northwesterlies have
developed across most outer waters. Westerly gales through Juan de
Fuca Strait will ease overnight.
A large ridge over the Pacific will continue to maintain strong to
gale force northwesterly winds Friday and Saturday across most BC
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: