Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 05 May 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early Thursday afternoon.
Showers Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 05 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 5 May 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 990 mb located over southwestern Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday low 986 mb located over central Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday weakening low 992 mb located over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1004 mb located north
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:37 PM PDT 5 May 2021 A low just southwest of Bowie offshore will move northward and stall
over Bowie tonight. Ahead of the low, southeasterly gale force
Winds will spread throughout northern, central and offshore waters
Winds will veer to westerly gale to storm force over Southern Bowie
overnight, strong to gale force westerly over Northern Bowie Thursday
afternoon and over west coast Haida Gwaii and Dixon Entrance West on
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: