Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 5 to 15 early Sunday morning and to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Sunday. Wind becoming southeast 15 Sunday evening.
Showers Sunday late in the day. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape St. James.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 PM PDT 30 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build towards the central
waters. Northwesterly gales will continue over parts of west coast
Vancouver Island, Southern Explorer and through Johnstone Strait this
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie this evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters tonight and Sunday. These gales will then reach central waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: