Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PST 23 November 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 10 to 20 late this morning then backing to southeast 15 to 25 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 04:00 AM PST 23 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 23 November 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 11:00 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 1:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday departing frontal system located over
At 7:00 a.m. PST Friday building frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday frontal system located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 23 November 2017 A frontal system extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will
gradually weaken through today as it moves south.
Another approaching frontal system will track toward the offshore
waters Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over Bowie Thursday afternoon then spread to central and
southern waters Friday morning.
Yet another frontal system develops west of Bowie Friday morning.
Ahead of this front southwest gales will develop over Bowie as the
low moves north.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: