Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 September 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 1008 mb located over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over
southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low 1005 mb located over southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PDT 20 September 2018 A low pressure system over Northern Explorer will move into
Southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound this evening where it will remain
stationary until Friday afternoon.
In the wake of the low, northeast gales will develop over Northern
Explorer overnight and shift to northwest gales near noon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: