Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 05:12 AM PDT 22 June 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots near noon then diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Chance of showers today and early this evening. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 June 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 22 June 2018 A ridge of high pressure over Vancouver Island will continue to
produce strong to marginal gale force westerly or northwesterly
Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait and Johnstone Strait today and
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Saturday morning.
Gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: