Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 07 December 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots late this afternoon then becoming light late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 5 to 15 Friday afternoon and to southeast 15 to 25 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Friday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 10:30 AM PST 07 December 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 7 December 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening low located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low located over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating low located over Juan de
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday intensifying frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PST 7 December 2023 An approaching frontal system will bring gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters Friday afternoon. Winds will
rise to strong to gale force southeasterly over the northern and
central waters and west of Vancouver Island Friday evening as the
frontal system approaches.
On Saturday, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Dixon east, through Hecate
Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: