Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 February 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 near midnight and to southeast 20 to 30 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 early Friday evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 late Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 February 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Friday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Port Hardy.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 20 February 2020 A Pacific front across Dixon Entrance West and Southern Bowie this
evening will move across the North Coast overnight and then across
central waters early Friday. Over central and northern waters,
southerly gales will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in
the wake of the front. Winds will ease later on Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: