Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 15 early Tuesday morning and to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing warm front located north
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching cold front located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PDT 28 September 2020 A warm front will cross Bowie tonight through Tuesday morning. Gale
force easterly winds will develop ahead of the system over Bowie.
The associated cold front will approach Bowie late Tuesday afternoon.
Southeasterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
Tuesday evening then spread to central and northern coastal waters
Tuesday after midnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: