Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 04 December 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early this evening and to light Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 5 to 15 near noon Sunday and to southeast 20 Sunday evening.
Rain Sunday late in the day.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 4 December 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
At 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 4 December 2021 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Sunday
afternoon. Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerlies will
develop over Bowie and Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: