Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this morning then becoming northwest 15 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light late this evening then becoming northwest 15 Friday afternoon.
Scattered showers ending near noon. Periods of drizzle overnight and Friday morning. Showers Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing low located over southwestern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: