Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 25 February 2024
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots tonight and Monday.
Flurries or showers becoming showers near midnight and ending Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 25 February 2024 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the North Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday trough located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
At 9:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 25 February 2024 A departing trough of low pressure will continue to spread gale force
westerlies along Juan de Fuca before easing to strong late this
evening. Risk of storm force winds near Race Rocks late this
Another trough along the North Coast has enough energy to continue
gale force northwesterlies over northern, central, and offshore
waters tonight and Monday.
By Monday afternoon, the waters south of and including Hecate south
will display strong northwesterlies with gale force winds along West
Vancouver Island south and Juan de Fuca west entrance. By the
evening, winds will gradually weaken with gale force ending near
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: