Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 19 October 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then becoming northwest 5 to 15 early Saturday morning. Wind becoming light Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning early this evening and ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 19 October 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:05 PM PDT 19 October 2018 An intense low pressure system over the Northern Gulf of Alaska will
move into Alaska this evening while the associated weak cold front
dissipates near Cape Scott tonight. On Saturday, a ridge of high
pressure will build over Queen Charlotte Sound. Another low pressure
system will brush the northern offshore waters Saturday evening.
Strong southeast winds will prevail over central waters this
Evening ahead of the cold front with local gales near the headlands
of Vancouver Island. Winds will shift to moderate to strong west or
southwest as the front passes with gale force westerlies forecast
over the northern offshore waters.
On Saturday, strong to gale force southerlies will persist over the
northern offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: