Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind southeast 25 to 35 Thursday.
Periods of rain tonight and Thursday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system will remain nearly stationary across central
waters overnight and Thursday. Strong to gale force south or
southwest winds will prevail over this area.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: