Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 08 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 45 to 55 knots diminishing to south 35 early Thursday morning and to south 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 08 February 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 8 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 986 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 990 mb located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 8 February 2023 A Pacific front is tracking across the offshore waters this evening.
Widespread gale to storm force southeasterlies will continue over
offshore, northern and central waters, while hurricane force
southeasterlies will develop near the headlands of Northern Vancouver
Island late this evening.
Another trough of low pressure crosses the offshore waters overnight
and will merge with the one currently over Hecate Strait and the
central waters. This will push gales south into the inner South Coast
waters, and will help maintain gale to storm force southerlies from
East Dixon south to Queen Charlotte Sound through much of Thursday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: