Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 May 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early Sunday afternoon then diminishing to west 15 to 25 early Sunday evening.
Rain changing to a few showers Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 May 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low located near Sandspit.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 26 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies stationary over Central Vancouver
Island. A front is slowly moving through northern and central waters
tonight. A low pressure centre will move northeast towards Haida
Gwaii by late Sunday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies for central and northern waters
tonight veer to strong southwesterlies in the wake of the frontal
system. On Sunday, strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the low
over central and northern waters will veer into strong westerlies
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: