Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 October 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming northerly 5 to 15 knots late overnight then becoming light early Sunday evening.
Showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 October 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line north-south over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 16 October 2021 A strong frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday evening bringing
southeast gales to the region. These winds will increase to storm
force early Monday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: