Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots backing to southerly 20 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this evening. Wind veering to southwest 35 late overnight then increasing to southwest 35 to 45 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Rain this afternoon and tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 2 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Langara.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low located over the southern
At 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 2 December 2023 A low centre northwest of Langara will move over the Southern Alaskan
Panhandle this afternoon and dissipate. Strong to gale force westerly
winds southwest of Haida Gwaii will ease this afternoon.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters by late this
afternoon. Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front
this evening and strengthen further to storms overnight over northern
and central waters. Gales will extend into the inner South Coast
waters overnight. Widespread gale force westerlies are expected
In the wake of the system, with an area of storm force westerlies
expected over the offshore waters on Sunday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: