Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots backing to southeast 15 to 25 early this morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this morning. Wind becoming northeast 20 to 30 near midnight then becoming northerly 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
Scattered showers changing to rain near midnight and ending Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low 982 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 9 December 2022 A low will move into Southwestern Explorer this morning where it will
remain and intensify through Saturday.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of the southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late this afternoon. Behind the low, over the offshore
waters, strong gale force northerly winds will occur on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: