Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 January 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight then backing to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 988 mb located north of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 996 mb located near the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 21 January 2019 A low pressure centre north of Bowie this evening will slowly move
toward the Alaskan Panhandle tonight.
Gale to storm force southeast winds have spread across the northern
and central waters as well as Northern Explorer. These winds will
spread toward the mainland and strengthen this evening while areas
behind the system become strong to gale force westerly.
Strong to gale force southeast winds will develop over the southern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: