Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots becoming light near noon then increasing to northwest 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind northwest 15 to 25 Thursday.
Periods of drizzle ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located from the
North Coast to the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 17 August 2022 A stationary front draped northeast to southwest over Bowie will
weaken through the day today. Strong to gale force southerlies over
Bowie and waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida Gwaii will ease
A trough will gradually develop over the South Coast beginning today
and will remain in place into Thursday. Strong to gale force
northwest winds will develop off the northwest coast of Vancouver
Island later this afternoon and continue into Thursday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: