Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 October 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Monday morning.
Showers beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over eastern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 21 October 2018 A front will track across Bowie tonight and remain west of Haida
Gwaii on Monday. The next front will approach the offshore waters
late Monday afternoon.
Ahead of the fronts, gale force southerly winds over Bowie will
spread to northern and central waters tonight and continue through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: