Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 16 July 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots becoming westerly 25 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to west 20 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Rain changing to showers after midnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 July 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By midnight PDT tonight departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Victoria.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By noon PDT Wednesday departing cold front located on a line
north-south over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PDT 16 July 2019 A cold front over Haida Gwaii will cross the central and north coasts
overnight. Strong southeast winds over central and northern waters
will reach local gale force ahead of the front this evening.
Winds will shift to strong to local gale force westerly in the wake
of the front overnight. These winds will persist on Wednesday for
north and central waters.
Additionally, strong to gale force westerly winds will develop in the
Juan de Fuca Strait late Wednesday afternoon and continue overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: