Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 October 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 this morning then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight and to light overnight. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located from Explorer to
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over the Central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 AM PDT 3 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across Haida Gwaii this morning
and onto the coast this afternoon. Ahead of the trough, southerly
gales will develop over Dixon Entrance - east and Hecate Strait this
morning and then shift to strong westerlies in the afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: