Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 14 July 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30 early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 14 July 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 14 July 2020 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will continue to produce strong to
gale force southeasterly winds over Dixon Entrance East and Northern
Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerlies
early this evening as the front weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: