Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this morning and to southerly 25 to 35 near noon. Wind becoming south 25 Friday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday afternoon.
Showers overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 27 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge this morning. Visibility may be limited by
areas of persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters and move
Across Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
Winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late Friday. Winds will
shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over northern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: