Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 May 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 early this morning and to south 25 to 35 early this afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming south 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Rain beginning early this morning and ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 May 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 26 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure will continue to move east today and will
lie over Vancouver Island later this afternoon. This will allow a
frontal system to come into the offshore waters early this morning.
The frontal system will slowly make its way east, spreading
Southeast gales to central and northern today. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies are expected in the wake of the frontal system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: