Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 May 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots backing to south 5 to 15 near midnight then increasing to south 15 to 25 early Saturday morning. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 early Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 May 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located over northern Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building trough located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located over Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 25 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will produce
Gale force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this evening.
The gale force winds are expected to subside to strong westerly
As the ridge of high pressure moves east and ends up over Vancouver
Island, this will allow a frontal system to come into the offshore
waters tonight. Ahead of the front, southeast gales will develop.
The frontal system will slowly make its way east, spreading
Southeast gales to central and northern waters by Saturday
Afternoon. In behind the trough, southwest gales are expected over
Northern Bowie Saturday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: