Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 November 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early this afternoon and to south 35 to 45 after midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon and to westerly 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 05:20 AM PST 29 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 November 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low located over the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 29 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early today and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale to
Storm force southerly winds will spread to the northern and central
waters today and tonight.
On Tuesday a low center will track north of Haida Gwaii and move onto
the Alaskan Panhandle. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
westerly across the northern and central waters, as well as the
southern offshore waters. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
are expected over the inner South Coast Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: