Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 June 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 25 late overnight. Wind northwest 20 to 25 Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 June 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located off Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 17 June 2018 A ridge of high pressure over Bowie will remain nearly stationary
tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies over central waters
will continue into Monday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: