Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots increasing to southerly 45 to 55 this morning then diminishing to southwest 35 to 45 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 Thursday morning and to southwest 10 to 20 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to easterly 20 to 30 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 December 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 6:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:00 a.m. PST today low 970 mb located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary low 970 mb located north
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 12 December 2018 A frontal wave moving over Bowie this morning will give storm force
southerly winds to the offshore waters. These winds will spread
eastward as the frontal system tracks toward the mainland this
Gale force westerly winds will follow immediately behind the frontal
A low pressure system moving from west of Northern Bowie north of
Northern Bowie will give westerly storm force winds to the northern
and central waters on Thursday night and Friday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: