Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 08 December 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots backing to southeast 20 to 30 early Friday morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 late Friday morning.
Scattered showers changing to rain Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 08 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 1:30 a.m. PST Friday weakening low located west of the Alaska
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low located west of the Alaska
At 10:00 a.m. PST Friday intensifying low 987 mb located west
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 982 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PST 8 December 2022 On Friday, an intensifying low will move into Southwestern Explorer.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of the southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: