Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 December 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 35 to 45 knots veering to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Monday.
Periods of rain or snow ending Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 00:35 AM PST 06 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 December 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Queen
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1007 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 11:30 p.m. PST Monday low 1007 mb located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system is currently transitioning between the
offshore waters and Queen Charlotte Sound. Ahead of the front, gale
force east to southeast winds will continue tonight. These gale force
winds will spread to west coast Vancouver Island - north and Queen
Charlotte Strait late overnight and early Monday morning.
Storm force southeasterlies will develop near the headlands of
Vancouver Island overnight and ease to southeast gale force Monday
The frontal system stalls over Queen Charlotte Sound on Monday and
will gradually weaken to below gale force easterly winds by Monday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: