Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 13 July 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 20 knots near noon Tuesday.
Showers Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 13 July 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 13 July 2020 A frontal system offshore will approach the North Coast tonight and
Tuesday. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to strong to gale force
southeasterlies on Tuesday over Dixon Entrance East and Northern
Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southwesterlies
behind the frontal system Tuesday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: