Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 September 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 near noon Wednesday. Wind diminishing to south 10 to 15 early Wednesday evening.
Showers Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 September 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM PDT 29 September 2020 A cold front will approach northern offshore waters tonight and cross
the region on Wednesday. Ahead of the front, southeasterly gales
Over northern offshore waters will spread to central and northern
coastal waters later tonight. The front will dissipate Wednesday
Strong to gale force outflow winds are expected through Portland
Inlet and Douglas Channel tonight with the approaching cold front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: