Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 07 December 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots becoming west 15 to 20 late overnight then diminishing to west 5 to 15 Thursday morning.
Rain changing to scattered showers Thursday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 December 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located from Prince
Rupert to McInnes Island then to Tofino.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough from low located over Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday departing trough from low located from
Prince Rupert to McInnes Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low located west of the Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 7 December 2022 A cold front extending from Prince Rupert to Tofino will continue to
move eastward and into interior BC tonight.
Ahead of the front gale to storm force winds have developed over
eastern sections of central waters as well as waters south of Tofino.
For waters of the inner South Coast, gale force southeasterlies will
persist into the overnight period.
In the wake of the front, the low associated with the frontal system
will move from Haida Gwaii to Prince Rupert tonight, and spread gale
to storm force northwesterly winds across most of the northern and
On Thursday, another low located over the Gulf of Alaska will
approach the Alaskan Panhandle and maintain gale force westerlies
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: