Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light becoming east 5 to 15 knots early Monday morning.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches ending near noon Monday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 10:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over the Gulf
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM PST 10 December 2023 A front will approach Bowie tonight then stall through Monday.
Southwesterly gales will prevail over Northern Bowie through Monday.
A low pressure system will approach the northern waters late Monday.
Gale to storm force southerlies will develop over most northern
waters Monday evening and spread to central waters on Tuesday.
Another vigorous system will reach Haida Gwaii late Tuesday,
spreading storm force southerly winds across northern and central
waters, with possible hurricane force winds over Hecate Strait and
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: