Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 08 July 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to westerly 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to westerly 20 to 25 Thursday evening.
Showers tonight. Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 08 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 8 July 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1010 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating low 1012 mb located over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary low located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: