Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 15 after midnight then becoming easterly 10 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 05:11 AM PDT 19 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southeastern Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located from Haida Gwaii to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located on a line east-west
over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 18 June 2021 Gale force westerlies across Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait
will ease to strong westerlies early Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: