Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then becoming easterly 5 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind becoming light Wednesday afternoon then becoming west 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 16 August 2022 A frontal system will cross into Bowie today. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies over Bowie will spread to waters near Northern Haida
Gwaii this afternoon. Winds will ease early Wednesday morning as the
frontal system departs.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: