Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 May 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots becoming westerly 20 to 30 early Saturday morning then increasing to westerly 30 to 40 Saturday afternoon.
Showers Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 May 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 999 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening low 1000 mb located northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM PDT 29 May 2020 Strong to gale force westerlies are expected this afternoon and
tonight across eastern and central sections of Juan de Fuca Strait.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop late this afternoon
over Johnstone Strait.
Winds will ease Saturday morning. Strong to gale force westerlies
will redevelop across eastern and central sections of Juan de Fuca
strait on Saturday afternoon. In addition strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over Johnstone Strait and southern
sections of west coast Vancouver Island on Saturday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: