Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 07 December 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming northeast 5 to 15 knots Sunday evening.
Periods of drizzle.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 7 December 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today approaching frontal system located west of
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PST 7 December 2019 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will continue to
produce gale force outflow winds through the Central Coast inlets
Early this evening.
A frontal system over western Pacific will approach the offshore
waters late Sunday. Gale force southerlies will develop over Bowie
ahead of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: